Nevada City, CA
Police FAQs

Police Frequently Asked Questions

How much is a parking ticket?
Please refer to the Bail Schedule.

I paid my parking ticket. Why did I receive a delinquency notice?
The processing company probably did not receive notification of your payment when they sent out notices of delinquency. You can forward this notice - or simply bring it in to the Police Department and we will make sure the matter is taken care of.

How can I get a copy of a police report?
Police reports are $5.00 for the first five (5) pages and $0.50 for each additional page. However, some reports cannot be released until the matter has been adjudicated. If the report involves an arrest, it more than likely falls into this category and we advise you to contact the Nevada County District Attorney's Office.

I've locked my keys in my car - can you help?
Maybe. If your car has automatic locks, we cannot help you. You may need to contact a tow company. We can often unlock manual locks.

Can I drink alcohol on the street during special events?
Each city-sponsored event is different. Please contact the Police Department.

I called the Police Department after regular business hours and received a recording. How do I get assistance from the Police Department after regular business hours?
The Police Department is generally open Monday - Friday; 8:00am - noon and 1:00-5:00pm, unless all officers are needed outside of the office. Our after-hours number is 530-265-2626. If you have an emergency, dial 911.

Can I pay my ticket with a credit or debit card?
At this time we only accept cash, checks, and money orders. If that should change notice will be given.

      City Hall | 317 Broad Street Nevada City, CA 95959  |  Phone: (530) 265-2496  |  Fax: (530) 265-0187
      Contact Us  |  Site Map  |  Terms of use   |  Powered by MunicipalCMS
      E-notify Facebook